La Riposte

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blog Hopping...

You learn a great deal about promotion as a newly self-published author. There are a lot of modern methods being used, and I'm slowly figuring them out, often with a bit of trial-and-error. It's been an interesting enough experience that I'm actually writing a book on the topic to help others navigate the path from publication through promotion more easily, but that's a topic for another time!

Here, I'd like to thank Sharon over at Beck Valley Books for introducing me to the concept of "blog-hopping", where authors and readers are encouraged to visit writing-related blogs, follow them, and post comments.

This is my second week doing Sharon's blog hop, and although I'm a bit limited for time (what with moving out of my apartment, packing for my upcoming trip across Indonesia, etc) I still have enjoyed checking out a few other pages, and have already got several new followers out of the process.

If you're an author, I recommend this as a way to get your works out in front of more readers - if you're a reader, it's a great way to discover new authors!

Happy hopping!
Edward

5 comments:

  1. Thankyou so much for your post, glad you hopped over this week, sharonx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm hopping over from Beck Valley books and I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    Passing through & following for the Beck Valley hop :-)

    TToria
    xo
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see your notes! Claire and Ttoria, I'll hop on over too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete