La Riposte

Friday, May 25, 2012

Censorship Sucks!

Great Wall, China. Your Censorship Policy? Not so great!
So, some of you may have been wondering why I've been so quiet in the social media world the last few days -    and the reason is simple - I've left Vietnam (where they only blocked Facebook) and have been in China since Wednesday, where, it turns out, they block Facebook, Twitter, and Blogger.

What's funny about this is that it's such an easy thing to hack, you wonder why they do it. It's just an inconvenience, that's all.

I had to set up a VPN proxy with Astrill to get connected again to my various social media tools, which cost about $30 and didn't take long to get set up.

So, for better or worse, I'll be back up on my Twitter, Facebook, and most importantly, can blog again. Interestingly enough, Triberr wasn't blocked, and I could still connect through my Blackberry for Facebook and Twitter.

It's good to be able to connect freely - but I have to admit, it was a bit liberating not to be able to hook into the hive mind for a couple of days! But it looks like resistance is futile. It looks like between overnight train rides, visits to Xian and Shanghai, and eating a lot of great food, I'll have no excuse not to keep up on social media.

Best to all,
Edward


2 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you'd gone! Your travels sound fascinating, and I must say I've been enjoying the updates... Though it's definitely nice to get away from that "hive mind" every now and again. Enjoy the rest of your trip -- I look forward to more glimpses when you find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO NOT TURN Join with sl st in next sc, decrease 1 sc
    over next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc rep around, join in next sc.
    Rnd 6: Sc in each sc around, join with a dc in any corner, 4 dc
    in corner, *1 dc in each dc to ch-1 space, repeat from * around,
    join, chain 1, turn.

    My webpage: sex chat

    ReplyDelete