La Riposte

Monday, October 27, 2014

A Day Late, A Few Goals Short

The title of this post is probably not a good sign of things to come, but I’m going to take it as an admission of failure to hold myself to task, and an encouragement to do better next time.

It’s been a busy week, as you can read about in more detail here, if you like, but for a quick recap of what did (and didn’t) happen on the ROW front, here goes:

WRITING
- Drafted one chapter of the The Perfidious Mister Wickham 
- I didn’t post a ROW80 update on Wednesday as planned, and am obviously a bit late in posting at all this week!
- I did work on my boat this week, but didn’t post on the GypsyDangerously blog on Tuesday as I’d planned… Must do better next time!

FITNESS
- Took another two hours of classes towards my Black Belt in the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, and got enough exercise in to break even, but not really build toward my other goals.

LANGUAGE
- Completed one DuoLingo class in French and two in Indonesian…

SOCIAL
- I took 8 Marines down to Hilton Head to participate in an Ethics Symposium and met a lot of interesting people, did some great workshops, and heard some amazing speakers, but nothing that was “ROW80 Goal-related”.

NETWORKING
- Got 42 new Twitter followers (now at 922, just 78 more to go!)

NEW ECONOMIC
- So, this is where I could use some help from my friends in ROW80 – please check out my Patreon project - of course it would be great if you decided to become a patron, but if not, some Tweets or Facebook shares would help me get the word out and achieve my goal to get 48 more patrons before the end of the Round! 

That said, please feel free to ask ME to do anything quick, useful, and relatively inexpensive that would help promote your current project or cause!

OK, so, that’s it for this update – see you on Twitter, Facebook, and in the comments block!

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the "day late and a few goals short" thing! It seems that's where I've been all month. Hang in there! Sounds like you're still doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you're continuing to check in means you WILL make progress on your goals at the level you wish. As for the conference, you may be surprised to find some new characters popping into your writing from that intense experience. Congrats on finishing another chapter.

    ReplyDelete