La Riposte

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Return to the #ROW80

Greetings and salutations! And thanks for stopping by… 

I am getting a late start to this Round of Words, though in fairness, at least I am starting it – I’ve been absent from this forum for the better part of a year. 

In that time, I have actually accomplished a good bit – started my publishing imprint, Umbrella Books, published my first paperback book, traveled to Paris and Burning Man, been featured in a videocast, a podcast, and written an article for Medium.com that’s gotten over 8000 hits.

But that's the past, and this is a goals post about the future, so here are my modest’ish goals between now and Christmas.

WRITING
- Write 8 chapters of The Perfidious Mister Wickham 
- ROW80 updates posted once a week (usually Wednesdays)
- Post weekly on my GypsyDangerously blog (Tuesdays)
- Finish The Artillerists (short story) 
- Finish Merry Christmas, Mister Washington (short story) 

FITNESS
- Run two 5K races
- Obtain my Black Belt in the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program
- Get a first-class score on the Combat Fitness Test
- Bench 185 pounds

LANGUAGE
- Complete 8 DuoLingo classes in French
- Obtain a 2+/2+ or better on my Indonesian language test

SOCIAL
- Go on at least four fabulous and fun dates with old friends and new
- Buy presents for all my family for Christmas

NETWORKING
- Get 1000+ Twitter followers
- Join Lowcountry RWA

NEW ECONOMIC
- Reduce my personal carbon footprint by using alternative means to get to work at least twice a week.

OK, so, that’s it for this Round – wish me luck, and I can promise you that I’ll do the same for you, and make myself heard cheering you onward on Twitter and Facebook.

1 comment: