La Riposte

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

23 Days to Go!

So, less than a month before the first round of ROW80 comes to an end... My round-the-world trip has set me back a bit on some of the planned goals, but has inspired two brand-new short stories, and has given me time to write about 6000 words of a forthcoming novel. I've also managed to snowboard in the French Alps, walk the ruins of Pompeii, and eat gelato in a shop once visited by the Pope.

However, looking back at my writing goals for this round, I see that I have only completed 61 percent so far...

Time to get cracking on the following goals:

1. Publish 1 non-fiction book.

  • Edit all material: 15 Mar
  • Publish: 22 Mar

2. Publish 1 non-fiction article or essay online.

  • Finish draft: 10 Mar
  • Submit for editing: 15 Jan
  • See published: April issue of “Current Intelligence”

3. Publish 1 more short story on Amazon.

  • Cover art: 15 Mar
  • Trailer: 22 Mar

As for the non-writing goals (fitness and language learning) those have sort of fallen off the wagon, but I will look forward to catching them up on the next round!

It's past midnight here in Jakarta, so I'm off to bed... Will have a more detailed update on Sunday, I hope! Until then, best wishes to all.

Cheers,
Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment