La Riposte

Friday, January 6, 2012

A Round of Words in 80 Days...

So, thanks to my friend Shah Warton from WordsInSync who suggested this "writing challenge" to start the New Year. (Note that Shah actually has two blogs - this is the link to her new "author's blog")

The idea is simple - choose a set of measurable, personal goals for one's writing, then accomplish them with the positive reinforcement of other people who are going through the same process. It's quite sensible, really, and dovetails with the sort of planning I regularly use in other aspects of my personal and professional life, such as weight training, running, and language studies.

If you're a writer and you're interested, click here to read more about it and get started...

As for me, my goals are modest (I am fighting my tendency to bite off more than I can chew!)

1. Publish 1 non-fiction article or essay online.
2. Publish 1 more short story on Amazon.
3. Publish 1 non-fiction book.
4. Submit 1 book proposal.

That's one big thing every 20 days, roughly, so considering the amount of travel and volunteer work I'll be doing in the same period, I think those are goals that are attainable, but will require some work. Of course, I'll still be working on some of my on-going projects, including documenting the process of self-publishing short fiction, writing language study guides, etc.

Looking forward to seeing what others are up to and hearing your thoughts on my plan.

1 comment:

  1. wow! go for it! any of those goals would be quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete