La Riposte

Sunday, January 29, 2012

ROW80 and Promotion Update...

Well, it's been an interesting week on many counts - I spent most of my time in Beaufort, South Carolina, which is where I will be living come this summer. Found a house to live in, and the seller's accepted my offer to buy it, so 30 days from now, I'll hopefully have another house in my name.

On the writing front, I have finished the proposal letter and sample chapter of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Learning Indonesian", so I'll be sending that off to Penguin to see if they'll pick it up as their next language learning guide. Hopefully I will hear back from their editorial team within a couple of weeks.

My ROW80 focus will then turn to editing my translated Indonesian book, and getting another short story ready for publication - although I now have a couple more fiction projects (one short story, one novel) where the Muse is demanding a bit of my time.

Finally, a bit of book promotion news. First, Lindsay & Jane's Views & Reviews has reviews of both Seven Lives to Repay Our Country and Happily Ever After up on both their website and Facebook page, so readers, check them out, and writers, consider sending them a copy of your latest work to review.

Second, as part of my continuing experimentation and exploration into successfully marketing short stories (to be documented in an upcoming "how-to" guide) I'm taking Ever After PR's "featured author" program for a test-drive in February. Therefore, the majority of February promotion for Happily Ever After will be done through them - 3 guest posts, a sidebar ad, several Tweets, and constant FB presence. My "control group" will be Seven Lives... which I'll promote with Tweets through Novel Publicity's "Karmic" program (see below) and the WoMen's Literary Cafe, book reviews, and efforts to improve Listopia rankings on Goodreads.

Finally, for authors I recommend checking out Novel Publicity's "Karmic" programs on Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads. These are quick and easy reciprocal drives to increase your follower/fan/friend base in social media while exposing you to what your fellow authors are up to. I experienced a 60+ follower jump on Facebook and gained 20+ friends/fans on Goodreads last week.

Wishing everyone a great week,

Best,
Edward

2 comments:

  1. Edward, you are the man-on-the-go! :) What a productive update and a focused set of goals; you are rocking the ROW in style. :) Good luck with all the promotions & thank you for the fab links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued! If I'm understanding this correctly, you're trying out an ad program for a month and comparing it to your own promotion of a different book, doing what you're already doing. If that's the case, I hope you'll post your findings at the end of February. Would love to find out how effective that ad program is!

    ReplyDelete